- Associated Press - Friday, March 7, 2014

WEST JORDAN, Utah (AP) - A judge has ordered a 56-year-old Utah man to stand trial on charges of kidnapping and child sexual assault in connection with events that took place during three days he spent with a 13-year-old girl last year.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports (https://bit.ly/NHbLJS ) that a state judge determined Friday there is sufficient evidence move the case to a jury trial. Police arrested Angel Garcia in January 2013 after the girl told authorities she had been with him.

A massive search with 1,000 volunteers was launched after the girl went missing from her home in Herriman on a chilly winter night. The search was called off nearly three days later when the girl called her grandmother to pick her up.

Garcia says the teen called him upset and told him to pick her up.

___

Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, https://www.sltrib.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide