- Associated Press - Friday, March 7, 2014

NORWICH, Vt. (AP) - Firefighters say a fire that destroyed a home in Norwich, Vt. was caused by hot ashes from a wood stove that were placed in a shed.

Fire Chief Stephen Leinoff said the home, which caught on fire Wednesday night, is a total loss.

No one was hurt.

Leinoff said the cold and a steep, icy driveway made fighting the fire difficult. A power line also fell down directly in front of the house soon after firefighters arrived.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide