- Associated Press - Saturday, May 10, 2014

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Authorities say two people are dead and two others are injured from an apparent carbon monoxide leak in a Richfield home.

Richfield Police Chief John Evans says two stepbrothers, 17-year-old Joey Julander and 21-year-old Tyler Utley, were found dead in beds by their father Friday night.

He says their friends, 19-year-old Vannesa Batistic and 14-year-old Kennedee Starr, were visiting the home and also became sickened.

Batistic remained in serious condition Saturday at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, while Starr was released Saturday from Sevier Valley Medical Center in Richfield.

Investigators said they believe the four were affected by carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports the family was using a small generator inside the home after power to the home was shut off Wednesday because of non-payment.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide