- Associated Press - Tuesday, May 13, 2014

WEST BATH, Maine (AP) - A man severely burned in a weekend kitchen fire in West Bath remains in critical condition at a Boston hospital.

Fire Chief Greg Payson on Monday identified the victim of Sunday’s blaze as 43-year-old Ed Grant.

Authorities say Grant was burned over most of his body while trying to douse the fire that broke out in a kitchen at the New Meadows River Cottages at about 1 a.m. Sunday.

Payson says Grant had been cooking on a stove and left the food unattended. Neighbors reported the fire.

Grant was found outside the cottage.

He was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland before being transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital.

The fire caused about $15,000 in damage.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide