- Associated Press - Thursday, May 22, 2014

SEATTLE (AP) - A man was using a shop vacuum to clean up spilled fuel on a boat at Lake Union marina in Seattle when it ignited.

The Seattle Fire Department says the 33-year-old man suffered second- and third-degree burns Thursday morning on his hands, arms, torso and face. Medics took him to Harborview Medical Center.

Fire department spokesman Kyle Moore tells KOMO (https://bit.ly/1sZo5m4 ) a spark in the vacuum cleaner caused a flash fire that engulfed the man. He jumped in the water to put out the fire.

There was limited damage to the boat.

___

Information from: KOMO-TV, https://www.komotv.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide