- Associated Press - Thursday, May 22, 2014

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - The state Department of Natural Resources says it will not again call on a man who shot a 10-foot alligator for the department on Folly Beach last week.

The Post and Courier of Charleston reports (https://bit.ly/1jXBMwpa ) that the decision is partly due to complaints received after the gator was shot in the surf May 14 by Raymond Covington of Wildlife Removal Nuisance Services.

Some bystanders said they were shocked and witnesses said some burst into tears when they heard the gunshot. Covington says not being on the state’s call list for nuisance alligators is no big deal because he only received $100 a call.

Covington said an alligator as big as the one on Folly cannot be relocated. He also said the animal was sick.

___

Information from: The Post and Courier, https://www.postandcourier.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide