- Associated Press - Saturday, May 24, 2014

BRENTWOOD, N.Y. (AP) - Police say five people are hospitalized after being sickened by carbon monoxide fumes from a generator in a Long Island home.

Suffolk County police say one of the residents is in critical, but stable, condition and the others are in serious condition Saturday. But police say the five adults all are expected to survive.

They were rescued from the Brentwood home around 11:30 p.m. Friday.

Someone at the home called 911 to report a strange smell and trouble breathing.

Police say the residents were using a generator because the home didn’t have electricity. It’s not immediately clear whether the power had been shut off or had failed in an outage.

Two officers also were taken to a hospital for treatment. They have been released.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide