- Associated Press - Saturday, May 24, 2014

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - A Sioux Falls woman says her wiener dog helped her see a fire at her neighbor’s house Saturday morning.

Susan Frey says she was sleeping and her dog was biting her to wake up her. When she woke up she says she could see large flames coming from her neighbor’s home.

Frey tells the Argus Leader (https://argusne.ws/1gZRvRt) that she heard an explosion while on the phone with emergency management that she believes was a propane tank. She says fire and smoke then spread to the rest of her neighbor’s house.

At least 16 firefighters and three fire trucks responded to the fire.

The cause is not immediately known. The homeowner was at work while the fire was burning. No injuries have been reported.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide