- Associated Press - Monday, May 26, 2014

SHEPHERDSTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - A Shepherdstown fire official says an electrical problem is the suspected cause of a fire at the Bavarian Inn.

Shepherdstown Fire Department Capt. Zachery Morgan says a small fire broke out late Saturday night in a men’s employee bathroom.

Morgan tells media outlets that the fire appears to be accidental. A fire marshal is investigating.

Front desk manager Jessie Ward says the inn’s dining room manager noticed the fire and tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher.

No injuries were reported. A damage estimate wasn’t immediately available.



Christian Asam’s family owns the alpine-style Shepherdstown landmark. He says the fire didn’t disturb any guests.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide