- Associated Press - Tuesday, May 27, 2014

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved aid for nine more Indiana counties hit by a winter storm.

FEMA initially had rejected Indiana’s request for aid for local governments and some nonprofit groups following the Jan. 5-9 snowstorm. Gov. Mike Pence appealed the decision, and FEMA last month initially approved aid for 19 counties.

Pence said Tuesday that FEMA now has approved aid for nine more counties: Blackford, Clinton, Fulton, Hamilton, Johnson, LaGrange, Marion, Montgomery, and Vanderburgh. They can get federal grants to cover 75 percent of expenses for the storm’s damage to roads and other infrastructure.

Each of the counties except Vanderburgh also will be reimbursed for the cost of 48 hours of snow removal.

Pence says the decision means local budgets can be replenished with millions of dollars.



Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide