- Associated Press - Monday, May 5, 2014

CHANDLER, Ariz. (AP) - Authorities say a dozen people have been treated for exposure to ammonia after a chemical leak at the Intel campus in Chandler.

Chandler Fire Department officials say 10 people were treated at the scene Monday afternoon and two people were taken to a hospital for treatment.

Nearly 20 fire trucks and hazardous materials crews responded to the microchip making company’s plant.

Fire officials were called at 1:30 p.m. after a construction crew struck a pipe carrying ammonia while they were working on renovations.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide