- Associated Press - Monday, May 5, 2014

PEQUANNOCK, N.J. (AP) - Dozens of children were evacuated from a northern New Jersey day care center after they apparently were overcome by gas fumes from construction equipment being used at the building.

Pequannock police said no serious injuries were reported in the incident, which occurred Monday at a building on Route 23 in the Morris County community. It’s occupied by the center and two other businesses.

Thirty-four children and two adults who work at the center were taken to the hospital, mostly as a precaution. Other children were treated at the scene.

The incident remains under investigation.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide