- Associated Press - Tuesday, May 6, 2014

READLYN, Iowa (AP) - Authorities have released autopsy details about a man found dead inside a northeast Iowa home that was damaged by fire.

The Iowa Office of the State Medical Examiner says 64-year-old Richard Michael Elliot died Sunday at his residence in Readlyn (REED’-lihn). The cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation.

The autopsy report says the manner of death will be certified as an accident.

Firefighters were dispatched to a fire at the residence a little after 7 p.m. Sunday. The cause of the fire is undetermined at this time, but authorities do not suspect foul play.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide