- Associated Press - Wednesday, May 7, 2014

SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - A 76-year-old man charged with gunning down a Southern California urologist in an examination room has settled a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the doctor’s family.

The Orange County Register (https://bit.ly/1o8Fjj9 ) says Stanwood Elkus has turned over his retirement savings and money from the sale of his properties to relatives of Dr. Ronald Gilbert. The amount wasn’t disclosed Wednesday but the Register says the properties are worth about $2 million.

Lawyers for the family and Elkus say they’re satisfied with the settlement.

Prosecutors say Elkus shot Gilbert in January 2013 at a Newport Beach office. He has pleaded not guilty to murder.

Elkus told the Los Angeles Times last year that he was angry over a botched surgery two decades earlier. But an attorney said Gilbert didn’t perform it.

___

Information from: The Orange County Register, https://www.ocregister.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide