- The Washington Times - Thursday, October 30, 2014

Three people were reportedly robbed at gunpoint Saturday leaving the North Carolina State Fair after a judge ruled earlier this month that concealed weapons would not be permitted at the event.

Wake County Superior Court judge Donald Stephens decided more than two weeks ago that it would be “unwise and imprudent” to allow concealed weapons at the state fair this year. The controversial decision received fierce backlash from Second Amendment supporters who argued the ruling was illegal, The Blaze reported.

The same activists are now blaming N.C. officials after three people were robbed by two men armed with pistols while walking to their cars Saturday night.

“By announcing to violent predators that people attending the North Carolina state fair would be unable to protect themselves, the responsibility for this armed robbery of fair-goers lies squarely with Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler, who illegally banned concealed at the fair, and … Stephens, who willfully misinterpreted the law to impose his own worldview,” Paul Valone, president of Grass Roots North Carolina, told Guns.com.

Mr. Valone had argued the case in front of Judge Stephens that the state fair gun ban violated a law passed by the state legislature that expanded concealed carry rights, The Blaze reported.

Raleigh police spokeswoman Laura Hourigan said Wednesday that one person, Kamonti Yasmin Blackwell-Price, had been arrested in connection with Saturday’s robberies, The Blaze reported.

An investigation is ongoing.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide