- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 1, 2015

CLEARFIELD, Pa. (AP) - A Pennsylvania house fire that caused a porch to collapse, killing a volunteer firefighter, has been ruled an accident.

A state police fire marshal from Clearfield says the March 3 fire started when a mattress leaning against a wall fell onto propane heater.

Eighteen-year-old Lawrence Township firefighter Jeffrey Buck died several days after the porch roof collapsed onto him and two other firefighters. The other two suffered only minor injuries, and the couple who lived there with three children also escaped with only minor injuries.

The investigation into the porch roof collapse itself is continuing.

The Moshannon Valley branch of the YMCA is collecting items for Buck’s unborn child. His girlfriend is pregnant.

He was a senior at Clearfield Area High School.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide