- Associated Press - Saturday, April 18, 2015

KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) - A small fire at a senior living facility in Kearney sent three people to the hospital.

The Kearney Hub reports (https://bit.ly/1ztEiEe ) that the Kearney Volunteer Fire Department was called to St. Luke’s Countryside Villa just after 3 p.m. Friday.

Property manager Jonna Wilson says minutes earlier, she smelled smoke, wen to investigate and encountered a hallway full of smoke. She pulled the fire alarm and evacuated the building’s 20 residents.

Wilson says the fire was caused by a tenant cooking hot peppers on a stove. The tenant had put out the fire by tossing the burning peppers in a toilet before firefighters arrived.

The residents were taken to a Kearney hospital - two for chest pains and one for smoke inhalation.

___

Information from: Kearney Hub, https://www.kearneyhub.com/

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide