- Associated Press - Monday, April 20, 2015

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say one person was seriously hurt following an explosion inside an Omaha home.

Fire officials say gasoline that was being used to combat bed begs ignited and exploded at the home Sunday night. Two others escaped the residence unscathed.

The identity and condition of the person injured in the explosion weren’t immediately available Monday.

Investigators say the house sustained severe damage as a result of pressure from the blast. Fire officials say a water heater’s pilot light likely ignited vapors from the gasoline, causing the explosion and fire.

The Omaha-World Herald reports (https://bit.ly/1aLFegL ) authorities were able to contain and extinguish the fire in the basement.


Information from: Omaha World-Herald, https://www.omaha.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide