- Associated Press - Tuesday, April 21, 2015

LOGAN, Utah (AP) - Eight tons of grass hay caught fire while a man was hauling it on a flatbed trailer through the Logan area.

The Logan Herald Journal reports (https://bit.ly/1cVFGut) that Cache County Fire Marshal Jason Winn says the driver noticed the fire while on his way to Richmond on Monday afternoon.

He pulled off the road and disconnected the trailer for the truck. The fire was already out by the time some of the firefighters arrived.

The fire destroyed $1,000 of hay and damaged the man’s trailer.

Winn said the fire was not a result of spontaneous combustion, but he is unsure what caused it.


Information from: The Herald Journal, https://www.hjnews.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide