- The Washington Times - Friday, January 30, 2015

The Obama administration insisted Friday that the Taliban terrorists swapped for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl do not pose a threat to the U.S.

One of the five men, currently held in Qatar, reportedly has tried to return to terrorist activity. The men were released from Guantanamo Bay last year in exchange for Sgt. Bergdahl.

“None of these individuals has returned to the battlefield,” White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters. “We continue to have confidence there are measures in place to substantially mitigate the threat they pose to American national security.”

Under the terms of the terrorists’ release, they are not allowed to leave Qatar, Mr. Earnest said.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide