- Associated Press - Thursday, July 9, 2015

GREENVILLE, Ill. (AP) - Authorities in southern Illinois say a 6-year-old Champaign boy choked to death on part of marshmallow while at a private campground on Carlyle Lake.

Bond County Coroner Tony Brooks says Jeremiah M. Woods was at a picnic table with his family at Hickory Shores Resort when he became unresponsive. The Belleville News Democrat reports (https://bit.ly/1JRg3cA ) that happened after the boy took a bite out of a large marshmallow. The resort is near Keyesport.

First responders took the boy to Greenville Regional Hospital about 20 miles away. The boy was pronounced dead there late Saturday. Results from a Monday autopsy weren’t immediately available.

___

Information from: Belleville News-Democrat, https://www.bnd.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide