- Associated Press - Tuesday, May 12, 2015

ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) - Authorities in Montgomery County say 11 construction workers were sickened by carbon monoxide at a Rockville warehouse.

County Fire and Rescue spokesman Pete Piringer says medics responded to the site on Southlawn Lane on Monday afternoon after a worker passed out. Piringer says paramedics determined the worker had a high level of carbon monoxide and the building was evacuated. Another 10 workers reported feeling dizziness, fatigue and shortness of breath.

Piringer says eight of the workers were taken to Shock Trauma in Baltimore and three others were treated at local hospitals. He says workers had been using gas-powered equipment inside the building without proper ventilation.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide