- Associated Press - Tuesday, May 12, 2015

ALBERTON, Mont. (AP) - A woman in her 60s suffered apparent smoke inhalation in an early-morning house fire in Alberton that led to the cancellation of classes at the nearby school.

Fire officials say the fire started at about 4 a.m. Tuesday.

A woman was able to get out of the house and was taken to the hospital for what officials say are non-life-threatening injuries.

Frenchtown Fire public information officer Mel Holtz says the wind swept the fire up a forested mountainside behind the house, near Alberton School. Superintendent Clay Acker cancelled classes, but said the school board meeting scheduled for Tuesday night would still be held.

The house was a complete loss.

Alberton is a small town along Interstate 90 and the Clark Fork River west of Missoula.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide