- Associated Press - Saturday, May 16, 2015

MATTHEWS, N.C. (AP) - A North Carolina volunteer firefighter has been hospitalized after falling through the attic of a burning house in Matthews.

Authorities tell local media outlets that it happened on Friday night while firefighters were fighting a house fire that apparently started in van next to the structure.

The firefighter fell through the attic into a room that was not burning and was quickly rescued and taken to the intensive care unit of a nearby hospital.

The firefighter wasn’t burned and authorities say he may have suffered a medical problem that caused him to fall.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide