- Associated Press - Monday, May 18, 2015

KEENE, N.H. (AP) - Firefighters say the improper disposal of smoking materials in a plastic container outside a house led to a fire that spread to the building and was fueled by dry vegetation in Keene, New Hampshire.

Firefighters say there were no injuries in the fire Sunday that caused about $40,000 in damage to the house. A man who lived there was able to escape.

The fire department says it was the third fire in recent weeks caused by smoking materials that damaged structures in Keene.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide