- Associated Press - Monday, May 18, 2015

PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) - The Princess Anne Fire Department is set to begin installing free carbon monoxide detectors in homes.

WBOC-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1KfNjKf ) fire Chief Robert Wells and his team will kick off a door-to-door campaign to raise awareness about the dangers of carbon monoxide. Firefighters on Monday will install detectors in 100 homes, using a list of non-rental properties as their guide.

Last month, Princess Anne police found Rodney Todd and his seven children dead inside their home from carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator inside the kitchen. They were poisoned in their sleep.

Following their deaths, Wells reached out to several companies that make carbon monoxide detectors. He says 300 detectors were donated for installation.

The department will conduct another campaign in the fall to check batteries in the carbon monoxide detectors.

___

Information from: WBOC-TV, https://www.wboc.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide