- Associated Press - Monday, May 18, 2015

MORROW, Ga. (AP) - An ammonia leak forced the evacuation of about 400 workers at a food plant in Clayton County.

Fire officials say the problem occurred Monday at a Fresh Express facility in Morrow.

Hazardous materials teams were brought in following reports of the leak, and surrounding businesses also had to be evacuated.

No injuries were reported.

Ammonia is commonly used as a refrigerant in large industrial operations, but it can cause fatal lung problems and skin irritation.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide