- Associated Press - Monday, May 18, 2015

TROY, Ohio (AP) - The grandmother and uncle of three teenage girls who died from carbon monoxide poisoning have sued the owners of a southwest Ohio home where the girls were overcome by fumes.

WHIO-TV in Dayton (https://bit.ly/1IIubT5 ) reports that the lawsuit was filed Friday.

A county grand jury earlier this year decided not to bring any criminal charges in the deaths of the girls.

A coroner said the children were believed to be sleeping in the same bed when they were overcome by carbon monoxide in February. Officials later determined a blocked chimney flue caused the carbon monoxide poisoning.

An attorney for the home’s owners says he can’t comment on the lawsuit but he did say that the owners didn’t know a furnace in the home wasn’t properly working.

___

Information from: WHIO-TV, https://www.whiotv.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide