- Associated Press - Tuesday, May 19, 2015

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - San Jose firefighters have put out a four-alarm fire at an auto detailing shop, where toxic chemicals spilled from the building.

KNTV-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1FxLRS6) that the contaminated runoff water escaped from the building early Tuesday morning after about 100 firefighters battled the fire.

San Jose Fire Capt. Mike Van Elgort says the mess from the scene was green and foamy and looked like a “chemical soup.”

Firefighters had to be decontaminated. They say they are unsure whether the chemicals contain sulfuric acid.

No injuries have been reported.

___

Information from: KNTV-TV.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide