- Associated Press - Wednesday, May 20, 2015

FARGO, N.D. (AP) - A stove fire in a Fargo apartment prompted the evacuation of the building and resulted in minor injuries to a firefighter.

Battalion Chief Bruce Anderson says the firefighter was injured forcing open the door to the locked, unoccupied apartment after responding to the fire shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday. The nature of the injury wasn’t disclosed.

The apartment where the blaze occurred suffered fire, heat and smoke damage. Damages were estimated at $20,000.

Other tenants were allowed to return to their apartments after smoke was cleared from the building.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide