By Associated Press - Friday, May 22, 2015

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - The Arkansas Department of Emergency Management says disaster assistance is available for some state residents who had uninsured losses because of storms and flooding on May 8.

Homeowners and renters in Hempstead, Howard and Pike counties whose primary residence was destroyed or severely damaged and have eligible uninsured losses could qualify for the assistance.

Categories of assistance include home repair, personal property and primary transportation repair or replacement. Information needed when applying includes the address where the damage occurred, phone number, email address, Social Security number and a detailed description of the damage.

Applications will be taken May 27-June 9 and a call center will be open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday during that time. The number is 1-888-683-2336.

To apply online, visit .

Copyright © 2022 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide