- Associated Press - Monday, May 25, 2015

MINQUADALE, Del. (AP) - Authorities say a man was rescued from a burning home in Minquadale.

The New Castle County Emergency Medical Services says the fire was reported just before 2 p.m. Monday in the one-story house. Officials say several fire companies battled the blaze, which heavily damaged the structure.

First responders tell the News Journal of Wilmington (https://delonline.us/1KvA5Jh) that a man in his 70s was taken from the home and evaluated, but did not want to go to the hospital.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says the blaze started in the living room when an electrical outlet strip failed and ignited nearby material.

Damage was estimated at $30,000.

___

Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., https://www.delawareonline.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide