- Associated Press - Tuesday, May 26, 2015

ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP) - Officials say an elderly Eutawville man was airlifted to a hospital after being severely burned while trying to light a grill.

WLTX-TV (https://on.wltx.com/1AuTQx5 ) reports the 87-year-old man experienced second and third-degree burns Monday afternoon. The Orangeburg Fire Department says the man injured himself attempting to light a gas grill. The man was taken to the Augusta Burn Center and his status is unclear.

Orangeburg County Fire Services Director Gene Ball says people should always be extremely cautious when lighting any type of grill.

___

Information from: WLTX-TV, https://www.wltx.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide