- Associated Press - Wednesday, May 27, 2015

SAN DIEGO (AP) - A spokesman for Mayor Kevin Faulconer says city and county officials will sit down with executives from the Chargers on Tuesday to begin negotiations for a new stadium.

The Chargers are threatening to leave for the Los Angeles area if they don’t get a new stadium deal.

An advisory group appointed by Faulconer last week released a financing plan that it says will be a starting point for negotiations for a $1.3 billion stadium to replace aging Qualcomm Stadium. The plan calls for the Chargers to contribute $300 million, or $100 million more than they’ve said they’d be willing to contribute.

The city and county would contribute an equal amount.

___

Online:

AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide