- Associated Press - Thursday, May 28, 2015

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities say nearly 20 people were exposed to carbon monoxide leaking from an air conditioner at a Long Island pen and marker factory.

Police say they responded just before 3 p.m. Wednesday to Liqui-Mark in Hauppauge after a worker complained of a headache and nausea.

First responders tested the air and found high levels of carbon monoxide. Officials say 17 workers tested positive for carbon monoxide exposure.

The woman sickened by the carbon monoxide was treated at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center. The other 16 workers showed no symptoms, but were also taken to hospitals.

Liqui-Mark has been closed as crews work to repair the air conditioning unit.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide