- Associated Press - Thursday, May 28, 2015

BILOXI, Miss. (AP) - The Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has decided to increase rates by $250 for next school year.

The college’s board of trustees unanimously approved the increase Wednesday from $1,150 to $1,400 - about a 20 percent bump. The increase in tuition is expected to bring in about $2 million in revenues, according to the Sun Herald (https://bit.ly/1QavFpL ).

The board also approved a boost in fees for high-cost technical programs such as nursing, and provided a $1,000 salary bump and cost-of-living adjustment for all employees.

President Mary Graham said it was necessary to increase tuition to maintain the quality of the school’s programs.

About 70 percent of students at the school receive some form of aid, so the increase will hit the remaining 30 percent the most.

___

Information from: The Sun Herald, https://www.sunherald.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide