- The Washington Times - Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Donald Trump is calling on CNN to take the commercial revenue that it generates from the second GOP debate next week and give it to groups that support the nation’s military veterans.

Mr. Trump said in a letter sent Tuesday to Jeff Zucker, the president of CNN, which is hosting the Sept. 16 debate at the Reagan Library in California, that the cable news network is poised to make millions of dollars off the debate through a reported spike in ad rates that he said is “due 100 percent to ‘Donald J. Trump.’ “

“I believe that all the profits from this broadcast should go to various VETERANS groups, a list of which I will send to you in the near future,” Mr. Trump said. “The veterans of our country, our finest people, have been treated horribly by our government and its ‘all talk no action’ politicians.”

“In fact, some would say they are treated like third class citizens — even worse, in many cases, than illegal immigrants,” he said. “It is about time that someone comes to their aid. Let’s start now!”

The opening GOP debate last month was watched by 24 million people, breaking records.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide