- Associated Press - Sunday, April 10, 2016

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Boise officials have shut off water to almost half a dozen homes nestled in the foothills over fears of unstable ground.

KTVB-TV (https://bit.ly/1PZ9Us3 ) reports that Suez Water cut off water Wednesday night after monitoring the land over the past few weeks. The company is working on building an above ground water line to avoid a water main snap.

So far, only one family has been asked to stay somewhere else because their home has been deemed too dangerous to live in. However, Boise spokesman Mike Journee says no other homes in the area are in danger of moving.

The affected homes were built in 2008. Developer Richard Pavelek said in a prepared statement that appropriate engineering, geotechnical and soil experts were hired during the building process. The studies, which were monitored by consultants, were certified by the city of Boise and the Ada County Highway District.

___



Information from: KTVB-TV, https://www.ktvb.com/

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide