- Associated Press - Monday, April 11, 2016

DETROIT (AP) - Three men are facing murder charges in the fatal shooting last month of a 3-year-old girl inside a Detroit home.

The Wayne County prosecutor’s office says a one-person grand jury indicted 24-year-old Paul G. Kendall of Ecorse, 19-year-old Reginald L. Street of Detroit and 30-year-old Jonathan L. Burks of Detroit. They also face charges including assault and home invasion.

Street’s lawyer Nicole James says Monday she was awaiting information on the case and had no comment. The Associated Press left messages seeking comment from lawyers for Kendall and Burks.

The indictment was unsealed Monday.

The girl identified as Anaiya Denise Montgomery was shot about 2 a.m. on March 27 after a man forced his way into the home and opened fire. Two men inside the home also were wounded.



Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide