- Associated Press - Friday, April 22, 2016

SOMERSET, Mass. (AP) - A Massachusetts girl who choked on a marshmallow at a birthday party has died.

Police and a school official say that 11-year-old Azriel Estabrooks died at Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence on Friday morning. The Somerset girl had been there since she was found unconscious at a friend’s birthday party on Saturday.

Her mother, Iris Estabrooks, has said that about an hour after she dropped her daughter off, she got a call from the hosts saying Azriel had passed out.

She says no one realized she was choking and that she was found passed out on the floor. When rescuers arrived, they found a marshmallow lodged in the girl’s throat.

Police have not identified the hosts.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide