- Associated Press - Friday, April 22, 2016

PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) - Authorities in a Phoenix suburb say an alarm saved the lives of a family of five at risk of poisoning from carbon monoxide gas.

The Peoria Fire-Medical Department says firefighters arriving at the home Thursday night found high concentrations of the odorless and colorless gas inside the home and in two young children who were in upstairs bedrooms.

The children were transported to a hospital in serious but stable condition.

According to the Fire-Medical Department, a work vehicle with a generator had been running in the driveway during the day. That resulted in an accumulation of gas in the garage. The gas then made its way further into the home when the garage was closed up.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide