- Associated Press - Tuesday, April 26, 2016

DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - The murder trial of a Dubuque man charged with shooting and killing his daughter has been pushed back to August.

Sixty-three-year-old Robert Stern has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and is now scheduled to go to trial Aug. 16.

Police say Stern admitted shooting 27-year-old Kimberly Stern on June 9 at the home they shared in Dubuque. Officers said she’d been shot several times.

Stern’s attorneys filed a motion last week to push the trial back. KCRG-TV reports his lawyers asked for a doctor to evaluate Stern in May and said the results could take up to six weeks.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide