- Associated Press - Monday, August 22, 2016

SLIDELL, La. (AP) - One person has been injured in a fire in Slidell that officials believe was caused by an electrical short.

NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune (https://bit.ly/2beJwzx ) reports that a mother and teenage son were able to escape the residence Sunday morning after the son found the fire and woke up his mother.

Fire officials said one of the residents received minor injuries while escaping, but they did not specify which one.

Firefighters were able to bring the flames under control within 10 minutes of arriving.

A bedroom and hallway were heavily damaged by fire, and the rest of the house had smoke damage.



Officials believe the fire was caused by an electrical short in a bedroom.

___

Information from: The Times-Picayune, https://www.nola.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide