- Associated Press - Monday, December 12, 2016

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - The executive director of Albany’s historic Palace Theatre says a $65 million expansion will move forward despite the venue missing out on state funding awarded last week.

The Times Union of Albany reports (https://bit.ly/2gQxFta ) the Palace’s $4.2 million request was the largest local project seeking funding from the state’s Regional Economic Development Council.

Executive director Holly Brown says the theater’s nonprofit board thought it would receive at least a small portion of the money requested to help pay for the first phase of the expansion project.

The Palace’s board unveiled plans in July to renovate and expand the theater’s main stage in addition to building a smaller playhouse and state-of-the-art video post-production facility.

Brown says board members are confident they can raise $15 million through the community and private donors.



___

Information from: Times Union, https://www.timesunion.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide