- Associated Press - Monday, December 12, 2016

EAST ORANGE, N.J. (AP) - Authorities say a New Jersey man warming himself by the stove has died after his clothes caught fire and the blaze spread to the rest of the house.

Officials said 64-year-old Kouadio Loboue was sitting in a walker near the stove in his home in East Orange on Sunday afternoon to keep warm.

His clothes then caught on fire and the blaze spread.

Loboue was declared dead at the scene.

It was the second fatal fire of the weekend in East Orange.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide