- Associated Press - Monday, December 5, 2016

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A San Antonio official says a 60-year-old man has been rescued after two cars were submerged inside a sinkhole created when a large sewer line ruptured.

San Antonio Fire Battalion Chief Brian O’Neil tells the Express-News (https://bit.ly/2fYkHNJ ) that a woman sustained minor injuries when she rescued the man who drove into the sinkhole Sunday night.

O’Neil says the man and woman were taken to the hospital and are “in good shape.” Authorities were trying to determine if there was another person inside one of the vehicles.

Officials were trying to figure out a way to stop the flow of the sewer line to allow emergency crews to get through. The San Antonio Water System reports that there had been four other sewer spill overflows on Sunday.

___

Information from: San Antonio Express-News, https://www.mysanantonio.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide