- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 12, 2016

LAKE CITY, S.C. (AP) - Two Lake City men have died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning from using a gas generator indoors.

The Morning News of Florence reports (https://bit.ly/1RjW7lZ ) that Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken identified the men as 62-year-old Jimmy Lee Gurgess and 56-year-old William James Hickson.

The report says the men were found dead Monday afternoon. Officials say it appears the men died Sunday night. Both men lived in the home.

Officials said the poisoning occurred because the men heated the home with a small space heater, powered by a gas generator inside the house.

___



Information from: Morning News, https://www.scnow.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide