- Associated Press - Thursday, June 2, 2016

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - Two Ohio men accused of chaining a teenage girl in a basement as punishment have pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and child endangering.

Fifty-three-year-old Timothy Ciboro (SIH’-bohr-oh) entered his plea Thursday, a day after his 27-year-old son, Esten Ciboro, also pleaded not guilty.

Timothy Ciboro has said the girl, a relative, wasn’t mistreated. His attorney said he hopes that the public will give Ciboro the presumption of innocence.

A message was left for Esten Ciboro’s attorney.

The men were arrested last month after the teen ran from their Toledo home and told police she used a spare key to unlock herself.

The girl and two other children from the home are now in foster care.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide