- Associated Press - Friday, May 13, 2016

BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) - Gallatin County authorities have charged two men with criminal distribution of dangerous drugs after a Montana State University student died of an overdose earlier this year.

The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports (https://bit.ly/1Wvvy0b ) Geoffrey Qualls and Daniel McGrail are accused of giving the synthetic drug U-47700 to 20-year-old Natalie Dietrich, who overdosed on the drug in January at a concert hall.

Prosecutor Erin Murphy says the men are not being charged with Dietrich’s death because she took the drug voluntarily.

Charging documents say Dietrich and Qualls were found in a bathroom along with a plastic bag containing white powder. Dietrich died at the scene and Qualls was taken to a hospital.

The documents say Qualls told authorities McGrail gave him the powder that he called “Euphoria.” Qualls told investigators he didn’t remember anything after snorting it.


Information from: Bozeman Daily Chronicle, https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide