- Associated Press - Sunday, May 15, 2016

PANOLA, Miss. (AP) - A north Mississippi prosecutor says the man accused of burning a 19-year-old woman to death could be back in Mississippi for trial by mid to late summer.

Panola County District Attorney John Champion tells The Commercial Appeal (https://bit.ly/1ZUpgoj ) that he doesn’t know how long it will take for Quinton Tellis to be processed into Louisiana’s prison system after pleading guilty there.

Tellis pleaded guilty last week to using the credit card of a woman who had been stabbed to death, but he was not charged in her death.

The 27-year-old waived extradition to Mississippi, where he’s charged with capital murder of Jessica Chambers in 2014 in Courtland. Prosecutors have not said whether they will seek the death penalty.

Tellis is charged as a habitual offender.

___

Information from: The Commercial Appeal, https://www.commercialappeal.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide